Research, Grants & Awards Committee
The Faculty Research, Grants and Awards Committee works with faculty members to enhance, promote and support research in the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design. Committee membership is comprised of one representative from each of the academic units in the Faculty of Fine Arts. The Director of Research and Strategic Partnerships for Fine Arts serves as the committee’s administrative secretary.
The Committee’s tasks are to:
- Provide information on research opportunities in all areas of Fine Arts
- Encourage and mentor faculty members in the preparation of applications
- Organize information sessions regarding research throughout the faculty
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration within/among units
- Liaise with other research offices within and outside the University
- Adjudicate applications for Faculty of Fine Arts grants and awards
- Nominate faculty members for internal and external prestigious awards
- Adjudicate the Dean’s Teaching Awards
- Develop and distribute implementation strategies pertaining to the ethics review process for research involving human participants within FFA, and oversee the reporting of ethics review data to HPRC
FARGAC also plays a leading role in the development of the Faculty of Fine Arts Research Policy.
Meets monthly – see Council Calendar for exact dates.
1 member elected form each department/unit (7)
Dean or Dean’s Representative (1)
Director of Research and Strategic Partnerships (1)
Quorum: 3 voting members
|Dance||Norma Sue Fisher-Stitt|
|Digital Media||MarkDavid Hosale|
|Visual Art and Art History||Malcolm Thurlby|
|Associate Dean, Research||Michael Longford|
|Research Officer||James Pratt|
James Pratt | firstname.lastname@example.org ext. 22875