The Research Committee@AMPD (RC@AMPD) works with faculty members to enhance, promote and support research in the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design. Committee membership is comprised of one representative from each of the academic units in AMPD. The Research Officer for AMPD serves as the committee’s administrative secretary.
The Committee’s tasks are to:
- Provide information on research opportunities in all areas of AMPD
- Encourage and mentor faculty members in the preparation of applications
- Organize information sessions regarding research throughout the faculty
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration within/among units
- Liaise with other research offices within and outside the University
- Adjudicate applications for AMPD grants and awards
- Nominate faculty members for internal and external prestigious awards
- Adjudicate the Dean’s Teaching, eLearning, and Research Awards
- Develop and distribute implementation strategies pertaining to the ethics review process for research involving human participants within AMPD, and oversee the reporting of ethics review data
RC@AMPD also plays a leading role in the development of the AMPD Research Policy.
Meets monthly – see Council Calendar for exact dates.
1 member from each department/unit (7)
Dean or Dean’s Representative (1)
Research Officer (1)
Quorum: 3 voting members
|Computation Arts||Graham Wakefield|
|Cinema Media & Arts||Brenda Longfellow|
|Visual Art and Art History||Yvonne Singer|
|Associate Dean, Research||Kenneth Rogers|
|Research Officer||James Pratt|
James Pratt | email@example.com ext. 22875